Key Policies and Procedures
Australian Vocational Training Institute provides opportunity for students to apply for refund of fees. This complies with National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018.
- Request for refunds from students must come in writing. Students will have to fill-in ‘Request to Refund’ form.
- Refunds will be paid in accordance with the conditions agreed to on the signed and dated Letter of Offer / Written Agreement except for Provider Default and Student Visa rejection/Cancellation. In the case of Provider Default and Student Visa rejection/Cancellation student refunds will be made in accordance with the Education Services for Overseas Students (Calculation of Refund) Specification 2014 which outlines minimum payment requirements in these circumstances.
- The College Principal Executive Officer (PEO) will approve/disapprove student refund request in coordination with the Accounts Department.
- All refunds will be recorded into College Accounting system.
- The application fees and airport pickup fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Tuition fees and OSHC (if you have paid OSHC to the college):
- Visa rejection/cancellation:
- Before course start date – Refund will be provided in full if student decides to leave Australia permanently and an admin fees of $200 will be deducted by the college. Students are required to provide visa refusal letter including additional supporting documents such as flight ticket etc.
- After course start date – Refund is calculated on a pro-rata basis based on the number of months that the student has paid for and an application fee of $200 will be deducted from the final refund amount. The college will deduct $200 admin fee and any fees for which training and assessment services is provided to the student before the date of visa rejection/cancellation.
- The student must provide written proof of visa rejection/cancellation within 2 weeks from the date when visa rejection took. Students are required to provide additional supporting documents along with visa rejection or refusal letter. Students are required to provide these evidences within 2 weeks of rejection/cancellation.
- No refund will be given if visa extension is refused after course commencement date.
- If you have given written notice to the college to withdraw from your course of study:
- 30 days or more before the course commencement date, 70% of tuition fees will be refunded and $200 admin fee will be deducted from the final refund amount.
- 1-29 days before course commencement date, 50% of tuition fees will be refunded and $200 admin fee will be deducted from the final refund amount.
- Refunds will be decided on a case by case basis for withdrawal from a course of study and separate consideration will be given if the student has taken ill and they have a compassionate/compelling circumstance.
- Student default:
- No refund will be provided to the student if they have provided misleading or false information during the refund process.
- No refund will be provided to the student if they have provided any fraudulent documents for applying/extending their current student visa which may lead to their visa rejection or refusal.
- Is in breach of their current student visa requirements as imposed by the Australian Government and withdraws from the college due to this reason.
- No refunds will be provided for withdrawal on/after course commencement date in current course of study.
- Cancellation of CoE for breach of student visa conditions, conditions of enrolment and/or National Standards (unsatisfactory course progress, non-payment of fees, etc.)
- Student is terminated due to serious breach of the College rules or a breach of visa conditions including non-attendance or unsatisfactory course progress.
- No refunds will be provided if a student holds a valid student visa at the time of enrolment with Australian Vocational Training Institute (AVTI), but after commencing their course, their current visa expires, and a subsequent visa application is applied for and rejected.
- No refunds will be provided to students who have requested their current course being deferred/suspended and is approved.
- No refunds will be provided to students who will or may have applied for an external appeal process, for example with AAT (Administrative Appeals Tribunal). Students are required to provide appeal evidence such as appeal application number & copy of application if they will stay in Australia.
- Provider default (college is unable to deliver the course):
- AVTI will calculate the refund amount eligible for the student (based on unused prepaid tuition fees) and will offer students with placement into a suitable alternative Registered Training Provider (college), or a full refund of unused prepaid tuition fees. In each instance, AVTI will give students a statement explaining how the unused prepaid tuition fees have been calculated.
- In the event that AVTI is unable to provide a refund of unused prepaid tuition fees or place the student in a suitable alternative Registered Training Provider (college), Tuition Protection Service (TPS) for international students will attempt to place the student in a suitable alternative Registered Training Provider (college), or, if this is not possible, will provide the student with a refund of their unused prepaid tuition fees.
- No refunds will be provided on deposit amount if student changes their mind and would like to withdraw from the course before course commencement date (except for visa refusal cases).
- AVTI reserves all rights to review supporting documents such as visa rejections, cancellations and withdrawals that are connected to refund applications and will come to a decision on a case by case basis.
- If the student is not happy with the refund amount, then they can access college’s internal complaints and appeal process for a further review.
- If student is not satisfied or happy with the decision from the internal complain or appeal process than they can seek further assistance and help under Australian Consumer Protection Laws by contacting http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au/
- Visa rejection/cancellation:
- Students must complete the Request for Refund form.
- Refund application will be processed within 4 weeks (28 days) from the date of receipt of completed request for refund application form along with all supporting documents.
- Where two or more courses are packaged, the condition of the refund will be applicable to all courses.
- Commencement of the course is defined as the course start date recorded in the Student Application form.
- Course and other associated fees are not transferrable to another student or any other institution.
- Course and other associated fees may be transferrable to another course that the student is wanting to study with AVTI.
- Any approved refunds are made payable directly to the student’s or agent’s nominated bank account. Refund amount is only payable in Australian dollars.
- As applicable bank charges will be deductible for refunds made by bank draft or electronic transfer.