FNS50217 – Diploma of Accounting
FNS50217 – Diploma of Accounting
CRICOS Code: 105313K
Course Duration 52 weeks
The target group for this qualification are international students that require skills to be able to work in an accounting and/or bookkeeping firm/company. This course provides nationally accredited training in financial service-related activities under the guidance of Finance professionals as trainers and assessors.
The course has been tailored to include preselected elective units that meet current industry demands and provide the learner with a broad spectrum of managerial/supervisory skills and knowledge within the Accounting field in the Financial Services Industry.
The college has designed Diploma of Accounting course to reflect the role of an accountant, accounts administrator or an employee working in an accounts/finance department of an organisation.
This qualification includes the requirements set out by The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) for registering as a Business Activity Statements (BAS) Agent from 1 March 2012 onwards and partially meets the minimum educational requirements for providing Tax Agent Services.
Furthermore, the electives selected in this qualification have been specifically chosen to suit current industry trends within the finance industry and aligns students with skills and knowledge needed in becoming a registered BAS Agent and partially meets the minimum educational requirements for providing Tax Agent Services.
After completion of this qualification students can work as Assistant Accountant, Senior financial clerk, Payroll clerk, Accounts receivable clerk, Accounts payable clerk, Accounts supervisor, Office managers etc.
Pathways from the qualification
Further training pathways from this qualification may lead to Advanced Diploma of Accounting.
- All students must of the age of 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission
- English requirement:
- Entry into this course requires IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent in line with regulations OR
- Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months OR
- Completion of an approved English Language course.
- Academic requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course OR
- Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months
- Completion of the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set;
- Completion of FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent; or its superseded versions (FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting) or their equivalent.
- Mature age students will also be considered without the minimum education requirements but with a relevant work experience within chosen area of study and a demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements.
Units to Study
FNSACC511 Provide financial and business performance information
FNSACC512 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
FNSACC513 Manage budgets and forecasts
FNSACC514 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
FNSACC516 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
FNSACC517 Provide management accounting information
BSBTEC402 Design and produce complex spreadsheets
FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
FNSFMK515 Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
FNSACC505 Establish and maintain accounting information systems
FNSORG506 Prepare financial forecasts and projections