SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing
SHB30416 – Certificate III in Hairdressing
CRICOS Code: 113130F
Course Duration 65 weeks
This qualification is aimed at targeting overseas students, who would like to hone their skills and knowledge to create further educational and employment opportunities for themselves.
It is also anticipated that this qualification may be of interest to those overseas students who wish to pursue a career in hairdressing as a qualified hairdresser.
This qualification reflects the role of hairdressers who use a range of well-developed sales, consultation, and technical skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients. They use discretion and judgment to provide client services and take responsibility for the outcomes of their own work.
After completion of this qualification students can work as a Hairdresser, Qualified Hairdresser, Senior Stylish, Hair Stylish, Hair Care Professional etc.
Pathways from the qualification
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into the SHB40216 Certificate IV in Hairdressing or into a range of other Certificate IV level qualifications.
- All students must of the age of 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission
- English requirement:
- Entry into this course requires IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent in line with regulations OR
- Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months OR
- Completion of an approved English Language course.
- Academic requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 11 qualification is required for entry into this course OR
- Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months
- Mature age students will also be considered without the minimum education requirements but with a relevant work experience within chosen area of study and a demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements.
Units to Study
|BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices|
|SHBXWHS003 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|SHBHBAS001 Provide shampoo and basin services|
|SHBHTRI001 Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions|
|SHBHIND001 Maintain and organise tools, equipment and work areas|
|SHBHCUT001 Design haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT002 Create one length or solid haircut structures|
|SHBXIND005 Communicate as part of a salon team|
|SHBHCUT003 Create graduated haircut structures|
|SHBHCLS002 Colour and lighten hair|
|SHBHIND003 Develop and expand a client base|
|SHBHCUT004 Create layered haircut structures|
|SHBXCCS007 Conduct salon financial transactions|
|SHBHCUT005 Cut hair using over-comb techniques|
|SHBXCCS008 Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBHDES003 Create finished hair designs|
|SHBHCLS005 Provide on scalp full head and retouch bleach treatments|
|SHBHCLS004 Neutralise unwanted colours and tones|
|SHBXIND003 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBHCLS003 Provide full and partial head highlighting treatments|
|SHBHREF002 Straighten and relax hair with chemical treatments|
|SHBHIND002 Research and use hairdressing industry information|
|SHBHBAS002 Provide head, neck and shoulder massages for relaxation|
|SHBHDES004 Create classic long hair up-styles|
|SHBHCCS001 Plan hair services for special events|
|SHBHCUT006 Create combined haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT007 Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structures|
|SHBHREF003 Straighten and relax hair with protein treatments|